Construction of a brand new bus depot in Sector forty-eight has also been behind schedule after the Gurugram Metropolitan Development Authority (GMDA), final week, rejected the commercial bids of seven private corporations, which replied to its tenders for improvement of the plot. A legitimate in the GMDA’s mobility division showed that tenders could be reopened. However, it did no longer specify while.
According to professional documents on the GMDA internet site, the bidders didn’t put up positive mandatory reports when the tenders have been opened in December. A five-member soft committee pointed out that non-public contractors might not be acquainted with the authority’s method of submitting tenders online. It can organize pre-bid meetings and tutorials to make sure smoother execution of the rendering technique.
The bus depot is one of the four depots introduced by leader minister Manohar Lal Khattar in July, the closing year. In sectors 10, 53, 48, and seventy-two, the land for these depots became transferred to the Municipal Corporation of Gurugram (MCG) in June’s final 12 months via the state cabinet.
Gurugram Metropolitan City Bus Limited (GMCBL) CEO Chander Shekhar Khare had said last year that those depots would become operational using August 2018. The GMC chief could not be contacted Friday for a remark despite repeated attempts. However, GMC’s well-known manager Arun Sharma assured that the put-off would no longer affect the functioning of the bus provider.
“At the instant, we do no longer have extra than 100 operational buses, all of which can be being housed at the Sector 10 bus stand. There is likewise another depot underneath construction in Sector 53. So the delay in building the last three depots will not impact the operations,” he said, adding that every one of the bus stands would grow to be operational in time for the launch of the GMC’s destiny routes.